Location: Based at work sites in various locations
It is considered essential that Site Access Controllers have the following skills;
• A basic Railway Knowledge
• A positive Attitude
• Ability to communicate clearly (must speak English fluently)
• Great customer service Skills
• Understanding of phonetic alphabet
• Understanding of basic track renewals operations and stages thereof
• Understanding of railway terminology
• Ability to cope under pressure
• Working knowledge of computer operation and of the internet
• Full UK driving licence
The Site Access Controller (SAC) works on a railway worksite. They provide the administration
centre capabilities for the worksite which includes the following activities;
• Responsible for controlling access/egress to site
• Collating of all reporting
• A single point of contact from the worksite to the outside world
The SAC uses a laptop computer to access the WorksiteCloud Site Access system and enter site
reports/personnel register directly onto the internet for management staff to view.
Although SAC’s will hold the Industry Common Induction (ICI) qualification, this is to provide
background knowledge on safe railway working only, they MUST NOT go on or near the track at
• Sign in and out all personnel that arrive on the worksite and maintain accurate records
of each person’s details using the dashboard on Worksite Cloud Site Access.
• The SAC must ensure that all personnel signing into site are in possession of either a
valid Personal Track Safety (PTS) card or Track Visitors Permit (TVP) and deny access to those
who do not present either of these permits.
• The PTS card must have valid medical AND PTS qualifications as a minimum.
• Ensure that all workers carry full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). The minimum
PPE requirement is:
• hard hat
• hi-visibility vest or suitable alternative (coat/fleece)
• approved orange trousers
• steel toe-cap boots
• eye protection
For more information please contact the rail team on 0203 750 6012 or send your CV to email@example.com
Doyen Rail Limited values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.