Doyen are currently recruiting for M&E Quantity Surveyor in Manchester, on behalf of an independent, global property and construction practice with over 3,600 people in more than 120 offices across Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania. Services provided include Cost Management, Project Management and Advisory Services. They are committed to delivering high quality outcomes through advice focused on the cost, quality and sustainability of the built environment.
About the role:
Our client is a sector focused business operating in Commercial, Residential, Education, Healthcare and Retail clients and projects. The Quantity Surveyors work in close contact with their client, advising them on financial and legal matters that arise during the project.
The team proactively manage the cost of a building project, from the initial design stages through to the building’s completion and sometimes even the costs incurred through maintenance and operation, once the building is up and running.
– To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
– Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies
– Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors
– Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals
– Providing advice on procurement strategy
– Preparation of Contract Recommendation Reports
– Preparation of contract documents
– Scrutinising and verifying applications for interim payments
– Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required
– Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
– Assisting Project Managers in preparing Early Warnings, Instructions and Compensation Events
– Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
– Strong technical delivery experience
– MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body preferred
– Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
– Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience
– Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
– Experience in logistics, distribution, major projects desirable
– Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing Mechanical and Electrical Quantity Surveying services on a number of interesting projects. If you wish to apply for the position pleas press ‘’Apply’’ or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.